Today on my social media channels I posted a picture of our Amazing Honey Mask with a promise to write about it on my blog. Tonight. As in right now.
Let’s just say it’s been a loooong time since I’ve written a blog post. But I’ve been here before. So rather than bore you with another “let me tell you where I’ve been for the past year” posts (and it really was a heck of a year) I’ve decided to just jump right back in. Thanks for still being around!
Today in the studio I made our Amazing Honey Mask. This year I started using locally sourced raw MV island honey. The mask became so-well-amazing, that I was recommending it to all our customers. And basically not selling any of the other masks on the shelves. I realized that this one mask was meeting everyone’s needs.
Raw honey is one of nature’s greats. It retains many medicinal (and skin loving) qualities that get removed as it is processed to be shelf stable. And it is safe for all skin types. Qualities include:
- Antibacterial-great for decongesting and cleansing acne prone skin
- Anti-Inflammatory-calms redness, irritation and rosacea symptoms
- Moisturizing-loaded with nutrients and enzymes to nourish skin, and it’s a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture into the skin
- Exfoliating-has exfoliating ability and reveals fresh, smooth skin by safely removing dead skin cells that can clog pores and make your skin look dull
- Antioxiant-contains varying concentrations of polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants
We combine this magic ingredient with a trio of healthy skin oils including my favorite, kukui nut oil from Hawaii which is well known for its healing and rejuvenating properties. We hand stir in extracts of comfrey to soothe, and white tea full of antioxidants. Finally, we add a blend of oatmeal and clay to gently exfoliate and decongest skin.
Is it sticky? Yes. It will feel like you are rubbing honey all over your face! But I promise you, it is worth it. Apply an even layer across your face, avoiding eyes and let it sit for about ten minutes. Wipe off with a warm washcloth and your skin will be soft, smooth, clean and glowing. Safe to use as often as you want.
Go ahead honey! You’ll love it.